Friday, February 20, 2009

From the Rental Director

Hello everyone,

As some of you might be aware I am the Rental Director here at Friendly Pines Camp, and it is my job to recruit and then make sure everything is perfect once the recruits arrive at Friendly Pines Camp. Now some people would ask, “Is he recruiting campers for the summer?” Well, the answer to that would be “No”. It is my job to find groups that want to rent out our camp in the off-season, such as schools, churches and other organizations looking for a relaxing site in the pines for their retreat, environmental camp, or business meeting. We have just said goodbye to over 100 students and teachers from the Scottsdale school district’s “Unitown”. During their stay, I check in with them everyday to make sure that everything is running smoothly.

We open up the camp to rental groups for about 9 months of the year and during this time many groups take advantage of the activities that we offer such as horseback riding and our ropes course, which Emily and Brannon head respectively; I do my best to keep them busy with groups. Well I hope that you have learned just a little about the off-season and our rental side of the camp, and I look forward to writing some more blog entries in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment